Minis in a Mini Contest
How many Pinch Minimergency Kits fit inside this Mini Cooper? The closest guess will win a $200 Pinch gift card! To enter the contest, submit your guess and view the official rules here.
Contest ends on Friday, October 24 at 11:59 pm CST. Earn bonus entries by sharing this contest your friends, visiting our new website, liking Pinch on Facebook, and following Pinch on Twitter or Instagram to earn bonus entries. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the number of bonus entries submitted.
Music is “Cotton-Eyed Joe,” courtesy of The Lost Fingers. Purchase their album here.
Official rules. No purchase necessary. Internet and email account required. Must enter at http://pinchprovisions.com/pages/win. The closest guess will win a $200 Pinch gift card. Participants will be awarded bonus guesses for sharing the contest with friends, visiting the Pinch website, liking Pinch on Facebook, and following Pinch on Twitter or Instagram. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the number of bonus entries submitted. Residents of the U.S., ages 18 and over are eligible. Winner must respond within one week of announcement to claim prize. Participants release Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram from any liability. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or in any way administered by or associated with Google, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Contest ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on 10/24/14.
Not affiliated with Mini Cooper USA. PINCH PROVISIONS and MINIMERGENCY are registered trademarks of Pinch Provisions. © 2014 Pinch Provisions. All rights reserved.
College football season is upon us, so it’s time to up your sideline game. Show your school pride with these spirited must-haves:
Pop That Collar: Nothing says college prep like these crisp gingham shirts from Thomas Dean in your school colors.
A+ Accessories: Wear your school spirit on your sleeve with these Alex & Ani charm bracelets.
Twinkle Toes: Spirit isn’t just for fingers. Keep your toes tapping with these adorable collegiate styles from Lilly Bee.
Hands-Free: Keep your arms free for cheering with a cross-body bag, like this one from GiGi New York.
Sideline Survival: Not only does this kit come with a good luck charm, it will also save you from gameday gaffes on the sidelines.
For more gameday tips, we love this roundup from The Style Gathering!
Now Hiring: Graphic Designer, Creative Interns
Think you have what it takes to join the Pinch creative team? We’re hiring a full-time graphic designer and interns for the fall and spring semesters. If you wish to apply, carefully read the official job announcements below, and submit your applications to info [at] pinchprovisions.com.
POSITION: GRAPHIC DESIGNER
- Compensation: Please provide salary history.
- Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
- Hours/Expectations: A full-time salaried position, with benefits
Who We Are: Pinch Provisions is the leading purveyor of personal care kits and premium emergency essentials, combining the sensibility of a fashion label with the function of a modern general store. Our Chicago-based company creates adorable personal care kits for women and the men they love. Available at pinchprovisions.com and over 3,000 retail locations nationwide, including Sephora, J.Crew, Madewell, Nordstrom, West Elm, Birchbox, Urban Outfitters, BHLDN, Paper Source, and The Container Store
Responsibilities: We seek a full-time graphic designer who excels in packaging and digital design. This position starts immediately and will report to the company’s creative and art directors. Responsibilities will include:
- Production. This designer will be responsible for all production, with an emphasis on packaging. S/he will: translate designs across new SKUs; hand off print-ready files directly to manufacturers; and check proofs for accuracy. Requires strong knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign on the Mac platform, in addition to impeccable attention to detail.
- Digital. This designer will support the design of all digital content and collateral. Working with the company’s art director, this designer will produce branded imagery for the company’s website and various social media channels. We try to produce as much original content as possible, and therefore photography and photo styling skills are huge plus.
- Retouching. We work with an off-site photographer for most product and lifestyle shots, which results a sizable image portfolio. We are looking for a person with strong Photoshop skills to take support all areas of digital imaging production, with a particular emphasis on color matching and retouching. Must be up-to-date on industry software changes and updates while continually developing retouching skills.
Requirements: We are looking for an extremely detail-oriented designer with a compatible design aesthetic who has at least two years experience and an excellent work history. Previous work with beauty, fashion, or lifestyle brands is a plus. The right candidate will be able to work both as a team player and independently. Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) required.
Location: Our creative department works remotely 2-3 days per week. Must live in the Chicagoland area and be able to commute to Elk Grove Village 2-3 days per week. We offer a company shuttle to and from the Blue Line/Rosemont stop.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references, salary history, and a portfolio to info [at] pinchprovisions.com, using the subject line GRAPHIC DESIGNER. No calls please.
POSITION: CREATIVE INTERN
- Compensation: $10/hour
- Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
- Hours/Expectations: Part-time (approximately 8-16 hrs/wk)
- Semesters: Fall 2014 and/or Spring 2015
Responsibilities: Pinch Provisions, the leading purveyor of personal care kits and premium emergency essentials, seeks part-time interns to support its fashion, social media, and public relations efforts. The internship may be tailored to one, two, or all of these areas, depending on intern’s preference and qualifications. Candidates are asked to rank the three areas of concentration by level of interest and expertise when applying.
Responsibilities may include:
- Fashion. The fashion intern will assist the creative department with identifying textile trends, pulling swatches for clients, and organizing our extensive fabric library.
- Social media. The social media intern will support the company’s digital presence in a variety of ways, including but not limited to developing seasonal strategies, writing content, styling photos, fielding inquiries, sending samples to industry influencers, and maintaining a company database.
- Public relations. The public relations intern will support the company’s extensive PR efforts in a variety of ways, including but not limited to developing seasonal strategies, writing press releases, fielding inquiries, compiling mailings, and maintaining a company database.
Requirements: We are looking for motivated, professional college students or recent graduates in the Chicagoland area who is looking to gain experience working in fashion and beauty industry. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required, as are strong knowledge of Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Excellent communication skills a must. Must live in the Chicagoland-area and be able to commute to Elk Grove Village (We offer a company shuttle to and from the Blue Line/Rosemont stop).
To apply: Please submit a cover letter—including a ranking of the areas of concentration—and resume, and two writing samples to info [at] pinchprovisions.com, using the subject line INTERNSHIP. No calls please.
Link Love: Wedding Edition
It’s been a busy wedding season, and here at Pinch, we’re honored to have been selected for so many features and gift guides! Thanks to the editors and bloggers who have spotlighted products from our wedding line lately:
Lauren Conrad | Gift Guide: For the Bride to Be
Lauren Conrad | Gift Guide: For Your Bridesmaids
Lucky Magazine | Bridal Shower Favor Ideas for Beauty Lovers
Bright & Beautiful | Gifts for the Bride
Contempermental | Wedding Accessories Under $200
Destination Weddings & Honeymoons | 3 Great Ideas for Groomsman Gifts
Dream Wedding | Gifts to Please Your ‘Maids
Guest of a Guest | 10 Bridal Gifts She Didn’t Register For
Her Daily | Seven Things Every Bride Needs
Shannon Reese Events | Bridesmaid Gifts Under $30
Summer Beauty On the Go
It’s summer, and we know you’ve got social engagements galore—be it cocktails on the deck, a weekend jaunt to the shore, or a two-week trek through Europe. Every lady on the move needs a stash of tried-and-true beauty products that she can toss in her bag for touchups on the go. Here are our favorite portable products, perfect for travel because of their tiny size and their ability to hit multiple beauty marks at once.
Elizabeth and James Nirvana White – This fresh scent in a portable rollerball is perfect for day or night.
Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light – A featherlight version of everyone’s cult-favorite argan oil—totally toteable in a 1.7 ounce bottle—imparts a dewy, glowing look to summer skin.
Nars Matte Multiple Lip & Cheek Color – We love this rich two-in-one color for lips and cheeks, in a tube that makes tossing it in your bag a no-brainer.
Kiehl’s BB Cream – BB creams are all the rage, and Kiehl’s makes one of the best. Their Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream with sunscreen combines coverage in the form of a foundation, and an SPF of 50 to protect against sun damage.
Korres Lip Butter – This all-natural lip butter offers deep moisture and shiny tint, for a multitasking color that takes you from the office straight to happy hour.
Benefit’s They’re Real! Push-Up Liner – A lash-hugging gel liner that gives you a foolproof line and doesn’t budge from morning till night? Sign us up!
Tweezers – The teeny-tiny tweezers inside the Skinny Minimergency Kit for Her are perfect for taking care of stubborn hairs on the go.
Packing in a Pinch: Mexico Edition
The more you travel, the easier it becomes to edit down your packing list. Whether you’re jetting off for work, to visit family, or relax on vacation, it helps to pack your bag with must-have wardrobe staples and beauty products that are both versatile and easy to carry.
Our senior designer, Jen Serafini, recently traveled to Mexico with her husband and compiled a list of her top picks for beating the heat and still looking fresh in the beautiful Riviera Maya.
1. A summer hat. Whether you have nice olive skin that tans beautifully, or are on the fairer side and burn quickly, a floppy hat is a MUST in the hot Mexican heat. It’s a great sun protector and keeps you cool during the hundred-degree days. I recommend something that’s neutral in color, with a flexible construction that makes it easy to pack—I wore mine from the plane to the beach and everywhere in between.
2. Comfortable shoes. Ever since I snagged a pair of striped espadrille flats, I literally wear them everywhere. The best part about them is their versatility: They’re perfect for the plane ride (my feet always get cold!), walking around town, and hitting the beach (a little sand won’t hurt these guys!). Since they have canvas uppers, they collapse pretty easily, taking up barely any room in your suitcase.
3. Denim shorts. A friend once told me how to get the most out of a travel wardrobe: Choose a single color scheme and build your clothing choices around that. Whenever I pack for a trip, I always try to pick neutral items that I can mix and match and wear multiple times. If I choose too many vibrant statement pieces, I get only limited use out of them and it bulks up my suitcase. For me, neutral means a lot of denim and navy, stripes, clean whites, and little pops of color here and there. You can’t go wrong with a great pair of denim shorts!
4. Minimergency Kit. A necessary travel essential for sure. In just six days away, I used the stain remover after spilling on my white jeans, gave the bandage to my husband when his new shoes caused a blister, and we both popped the Advil after a long day of traveling. My lime Candy Striper was with us every day at the beach just in case something popped up!
5. Day-to-night bag. Every time I travel I struggle to find the perfect purse that can accommodate all of my needs throughout a trip. This perforated black bucket bag is the perfect size—it’s large enough to fit our camera during the day and small enough that taking it out at night isn’t cumbersome. From Banana Republic; similar style here.
Patriotic Fruit Tart…In a Pinch!
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 1/2 c of flour (regular or Cup4Cup)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter. Add the powdered sugar, followed by the flour or flour substitute (both are great!). Press into a round tart or pizza pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove earlier if it begins to brown. Let cool.
8 oz. cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese, softened
1 2/3 c of white chocolate chips
1 tbs. cream or milk
In 30 second increments, melt white chocolate chips and 1 tbs. cream or milk in microwave. Blend with a fork. Then blend white chocolate chips with cream cheese until smooth. Pour mixture over cooled crust and smooth evenly with spatula.
Top and decorate with any fruit you wish, but strawberries, blueberries, and kiwis often work well. For the decorating challenged, start around the outer rim with, and work inward, using concentric circles of alternating fruit. Top with fruit glaze (Dr. Oetker’s works best.)
With so many summer events to attend, finding the right hostess gift can cut into your beach time! Pair one of our Minimergency Kits with these chic finds, and you’ll be party-ready in no time.
For the hostess who is always bartending, pair Kelley Lilien’s new Dessert Cocktail Swatchbook with our sassy pink Hot Mess Mini. We adore Mrs. Lilien, and this handy dandy cocktail guide (a sweet sequel to her first volume) is the irresistible combination of chic and helpful.
For the beach-loving hostess, we love pairing our blue Snake Charmer Mini with Chandon’s limited edition summer bubbly. (Just remember to chill it in advance so you can start sipping tout de suite!)
If your hostess is the super practical type, we recommend something from Lauren Conrad's line with Blue Avocado. Her ingenious totes with insulated compartments help your drinks and dishes cool or warm during transport. Paired with our summer white Candy Striper Mini, they’re both a must-have for any serious hostess!
Finally, for the cute and quirky hostess, we’re pairing our (almost sold out!) Confection Mini with this adorable serving tray from Oh Joy! for Target. Joy Cho’s collections, which debut quarterly, have quickly become a staple for in-the-know entertainers everywhere. Be sure to follow Joy so that you know when her new goodies hit Target shelves — they can sell out quickly!
Friday the 13th: It’s a two kit kind of day!
We love seeing our sold out Chameleon Skinny Mini with this month’s @birchbox! / regram @misstiffany2u